Tuesday, June 10, 2014

CHANGE!!

As we finish up another school year, I start reflecting on this past year and start anticipating the next school year.  For one of my schools, that means change!   We are losing some staff to different buildings, some are retiring and grade levels are being changed around.  There has been a lot of different emotions circulating around the building this past month!

It got me thinking about changes I would like to make with my school counseling program, how I connect with students and parents, facilitating Play Therapy into my sessions, how I incorporate technology and how I want this blog to help me with those endeavors!!

Sometimes CHANGE is scary, but most times it is a great opportunity for growth!  It is with this opportunity for growth that I am looking at these areas for change.

Change is defined by dictionary.reference.com as:  

change

  [cheynj]  Show IPA
verb (used with object), changed, chang·ing.
1.
to make the form, naturecontent, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone: to change one's nameto change one's opinion; to change the course of history.


As I begin this endeavor for change, I will start posting about how that progress is going.  Many of you know that I really enjoy and practice Play Therapy in my school counseling program.  I want to incorporate more of that into this forum.  You may even see some changes to this blog (hint hint, maybe in the form of a new name and new style)!!  Stay tuned for the updates!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment