Thursday, July 11, 2013

What I Bought at #ASCA13!!

In addition to all of the amazing things I learned at #ASCA13, I also really enjoyed shopping for school counseling resources!  The ASCA conference turned out to be a great place to buy from some of my favorite counselor resources such as Youth Light, MarCO Products and Research Press!!!  All of these stores had vendor exhibits and all were offering 10% of all conference purchases and free shipping for any item not available!!!  Awesome!!!

From Youth light, I purchased the Weird, Dare, Tough series by Erin Frankel, @erinfrankel1.  Check out Erin's Video on YouTube.  This series is a bullying prevention collection aimed at young girls.  The illustrations are amazing and I have been wanting this series for a while!  Thank you 10% off!!  I also bought 2 miniature Anger and Stress Management Glitter Wands to use in both of my offices as fidgets!!


Another vendor of counseling resources that I use frequently is MarCo Products!  Their warehouse is located in PA, My home state!! I purchased the Operation series by Dr. Poppy Moon and Cathy Wooldridge.  Here is the link to Dr. Moon's YouTube Channel  These workbooks and card games are designed to be an 8 week guidance program!!   My booty included Operation: Breaking the Girl Code and the accompanying card game!  I also purchased the Operation: Breaking the Boy Code and that accompanying card game.  MarCo did not have the Operation: Breaking the Boy Code at the conference but graciously gave me the 10% off and I was also able to get free shipping to my home!!! Score!!!  




From Research Press, I purchased Salvaging Sisterhood by Julia V. Taylor (@Juliavtaylor)!!  This book is "a small group counseling and classroom guidance  curriculum for relationally aggressive girls (Grades 5-12)."  I bought this book after attending Julia V. Taylor's  ASCA 13 Presentation, Help Girls Unlock Their Leadership Potential!!  I had the pleasure of meeting Julia after her presentation.  Also, Research Press was having a meet the author and she signed my new book!!!  Amazing!!

One more pretty cool item that I purchased from a fellow school counselor was this school counselor t-shirt!!  I loved the sayings!!



What did you buy at #ASCA13??  






No comments:

Post a Comment