Tuesday, July 9, 2013

#ASCA13 = Really Awesome Time!!!

#ASCA13 Really Really inspired me!!!   I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and not very motivated to blog and just needed a professional pick me up!!!  I found all of that and much much more at #ASCA13 in Philadelphia, PA June 30-July 3, 2013.

ASCA 13 Exhibit Hall
Before the conference, I downloaded the ASCA 2013 App from the iTunes store!! I arrived in Philadelphia at #ASCA13 on Sunday, June 30th and immediately felt the amazing energy of all of the school counselors!!!  There was high excitement in the air!  I signed up for the pre-conference session entitled Group Counseling for Elementary Students, presented by Kathleen Tillman.  This was a great way for me to start off my professional pick me up as I tend to do a lot groups!!  By the way, if you were #notatasca you can download all of the handouts from the ASCA 2013 App, Brilliant!!!

Monday I was super Excited to attend some fantastic breakout sessions!!!  I started out with "Let me Show You What I Do: Evidence and Evaluation" presented by Leigh Bagwell, Nicole Cobb and Carol Dahir, amazing and very helpful!  I hope to do this for my counselor evaluation this year!!

 The next session was "Working with Students With Autism Spectrum Disorders, given by Stephanie Carter-Larson,  super helpful for me, since this population is growing!!

The last breakout session on Monday was the incredible Web 2.0 Technology Smack down!!!  This was presented by several of my favorite bloggers Andrea Burston, Dr. Erin Mason, Dr. Russell Sabella, Danielle Schultz and Julia V. Taylor =totally awesome presentation and jam packed full of technology!!!!

Tuesday, Dr. Wong, Executive Director of ASCA, welcomes the ASCA counselors and special guest Peter Yarrow sings a school counselor rendition of Puff the Magic Dragon!!!  Very Cool!!  David Marcus was the Keynote Speaker and spoke about his book A is For Acceptance.

ASCA Dr. Wong

Special Guest Peter Yarrow




















After that presentation, was the incredible Julia V. Taylor's session entitled "Help Girls Unlock their leadership Potential"  Ms. Taylor presented to a standing room only crowd!!  I was lucky enough to meet her and get my picture taken!!  She also signed my copy of her book, Salvaging Sisterhood.  Amazing!!!


Julia V. Taylor & me!!!


I also met Mrs. Mindy Willard, School Counselor of the Year!!!  She was right in front of me, so I had to get a picture with her!!!


ASCA School Counselor of the Year Mindy Willard and Me!!

Overall #ASCA13 was amazing, inspiring, motivating, educational, fun, energizing and everything I hoped for!!  Looking forward to Orlando for ASCA 14
   


No comments:

Post a Comment