Sunday, January 20, 2013

Biting Off More Than You Can Chew?

Hello Again Blogging friends!!  I realize that it has been a little over 3 months since I last posted and I apologize for that absence!!  As the title states I may have bitten off more than I could chew with starting this blog just before the start of the school year.




Some personal things came up requiring my attention and I found myself not having the time nor motivation to keep blogging :(

I have had time to reflect on the important things I got from blogging such as school counselor camaraderie, new, fresh ideas, and tons of support from fellow school counselors and I decided that it is something that I want to continue doing at least on a weekly basis for right now!!

We as counselor's sometimes find ourselves taking on more than we can handle and we are the ones that end up stressed out.  So I took so of the advice that I give to my students and I did some self-reflection and prioritized things that were needing my attention!!

 I love being a school counselor and I really enjoyed blogging about the things I do on an day to day basis.  I look forward to sharing with you the things I do to serve my students and I hope to continue learning from you!  Thank you for your patience!!

What have you done to help get yourself back on track? 

2 comments:

  1. We all need a break sometimes! It's hard blogging about being a school counselor while actually having to BE a school counselor! I like to take some completely unplugged time - no computer, devices, or TV. I come back refreshed and renewed.

    Take good care of yourself!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rebecca! I really Appreciate that!!

    ReplyDelete