Wednesday, September 5, 2012

How Do You Feel Today?

I have a very kid friendly poster in my office that simply asks How Do You Feel Today?  The poster was copyrighted in 1995 by Frank Schaeffer Publishing (Click here for an Amazon Link to buy this poster!).

  
 

I can not tell you how many very therapeutic conversations have happened in the 7 years it has been in my office!!!  I have it right at kid eye level in my office.  Many kids before they even say anything else will go to it or point at what they are feeling today!!!!  Even the 5th grade boys use it!!!

The kids' facial expressions on the poster are so well illustrated and it has such diversity that the kids immediately relate to it!!!

This poster not only has the usual feelings but it also includes feelings that are very specific to the school setting, like surprised, jealous, proud and impatient.  It also uses angry instead of "mad".  It is a great way to learn new feelings vocabulary and put a name to an unfamiliar feeling!!

Do you have a great feelings conversation starter?

No comments:

Post a Comment