Thursday, August 30, 2012

Welcoming the New Students!!

Today was one of my favorite days as far as back to school goes!! Today I had the pleasure of meeting most the new kids in both schools!! I met all of the new students, 3rd, 4th and 5th at school A and all new students in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th in school B!! I have over 60 newbies between the 2 schools!!!!!

I took the students by grade level to my respective offices!! On the way, I introduced myself as Ms. Birster, the school counselor and told them there would be a quiz about me before they returned!!!

For the one school, I had each student give me their name and where they came from. As they were talking I memorized their names, repeating them to them and interjecting with "what's my name and what do I do here?". The kids really enjoyed it!! Of course we covered the expectations and answered questions.

At my first school, I did the above activity along with a group coloring activity. I found this super cute "Welcome" coloring sign at the Dollar Tree for $1!!! So we, as a group colored it in and learned about each other!! The kids also enjoyed this!!

What get-to-know you activities do you do with the new kids? Please share your ideas below!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment