Thursday, August 23, 2012

Mean Girls!!!

I don't know about you, but at my 2 elementary schools, I have been dealing with Relational Aggression or Girl Bullying, for some time.  A few days ago I came across a resource that I am excited about!!! I just received my copy of Mean Girls, 101 1/2 Creative Strategies and Activities  for Working with Relational Aggression by Kaye Randall & Allyson A. Bowen.  It is published by Youth Light, Inc. 

Relational Aggression seems to be a growing concern, sadly even for elementary school girls.  I ran small groups on this topic for the last 2 years!  I was excited to order this book because it is for grades 3-12!!  The book features many great reproducible activities!


The beginning of the book gives you the standard how to use this book and the intro.  It also offers a page about understanding relational aggression, forms of relational aggression, methods of aggression, cyber bullying (including definition, language and emoticons) and websites.  The book also shares some alarming stats.

The 101 1/2  strategies and activities comprise the next section.  Included are Who's Who: Tools You Can Use, Individual Interventions, Classroom or Small Group Activities, School Interventions, Parent Interventions and a Wrap it Up.

I am planning to use this book this year should the need arise for small group or classroom guidance for Relational Aggression.  How do you address Girl Bullying in your school counseling program?  

No comments:

Post a Comment